Disrupt Disparities: Advancing Racial Equity in Aging
- The 2021 Disrupt Disparities: Advancing Racial Equity in Aging Summit, a two-day virtual summit with the Illinois Department on Aging and the RRF Foundation for Aging, was held on April 26-27, 2021, and highlighted first-of-its-kind data about older adults of color across the state of Illinois.
- Disrupt Disparities is a collaborative multi-year initiative aimed at bringing about change for older adults of color. In its first year, the initiative will launch advocacy efforts to promote racial equity in three areas: economic security, health care and connectivity.
- In partnership with non-profit, government and academic collaborators, the interactive virtual active summit examined solutions to systemic racial inequities facing older adults of color and inspired the change that is needed.
Monday, April 12th, Time: 12:00 p.m.
Disrupting the Black Wealth Gap
- Join AARP and financial experts as we discuss the impact of the black wealth gap on adults 50+ and ways we can disrupt this wealth disparity to ensure older adults of color can live vibrant lives.
Friday, April 30th , Time: 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Join AARP & The Resurrection Project in a presentation about the recently released Illinois Disrupt Disparities Report and an honest conversation about issues regarding older Latinos 50+ and how they’ve been lost in the conversations. What are the challenges and what solutions can we implement?
Monday, March 29th , Time: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Economic, Health and Digital Connectivity Disparities among Black Seniors
The Chicago Urban League, the Springfield Urban League and the Tri-County Urban League invite you to join us along with our partners, AARP Illinois and the Center for Urban Research and Learning at Loyola University, to discuss solutions to important issues disproportionately affecting Black seniors in Illinois.
March 25th , Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Disrupting Disparities: Service and Program Needs For Black Seniors
Inviting people into a conversation to help identify solutions for the key issues impacting our Illinois Black seniors. Will be providing highlights of our research on Economic Security, Health, and Digital Connectivity. This will a very interactive discussion.
Wednesday, March 3rd,
Keeping the Faith
How to address health and wealth disparities in our older African American communities
Wednesday, February 24
No Data, No Justice
This event will focus on the need for adequate data on the Asian American/Pacific Islander experience to effectively advocate for AA/PI older adults